Friday, October 2, 2009

Hot Mess

So there is no feeling quite like learning about the events of your previous weekend through pictures posted on the internet. Due to the fact that last weekend, I apparently thought that I was a 300lb man and drank accordingly, I was able to experience this feeling first hand.

I woke up on Saturday morning after 'time traveling' a.k.a. blacking out and immediately texted my friend Priscilla to ask her to recap the events of the night. She was able to fill me in with some of the details but she had done her own fair share of time traveling as well and wasn't that much of a help. I said that I wished we had a camera following us around so we knew what we did, and then we agreed that in the future we would try to alternate our black outs so the next day we would be able to piece together the previous nights festivities.

Well fast forward a week and wish granted...

Priscilla texts me to let me know that the band we had gone to see had posted pictures that we were in on their website. Now I don't remember going to this particular bar in the first place, much less any behavior I might have been exhibiting there, so my immediate reaction was one of sheer terror. Priscilla emailed me the first a few pictures. Curiously in one of the pictures she sent to me, I appeared to have my arm around an unidentified young mans shoulder. I sent her a message.

"Uhh, did I make out with that guy that I'm in the picture with?"

"Yes!"

"I have no recollection of that. You didn't feel compelled to mention this to me before?"

Obviously after learning this new piece of information, I went on the website to try to find a picture of the guys face to see how thick my beer goggles were. Though I was unsuccessful in finding any picture that actually identified my suitor, I did stumble across one where we were mid-face suck in the back of it. Due to the nature of this whole debacle, i have temporarily given myself the nickname "Whorey McJustaskingforacoldsore".

I'd like to say I've learned my lessons but, hey, lets be serious, its Friday, I'm going to happy hour and I am incapable of learning my lessons the first time. And life is a lot more interesting because of it.




1 comment:

littlemissmoonshine said...

i like how adsense is supposed to cater to your audience. yet almost all of them are for 'homeless' people. no surprise there. tight.