Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The best love letter I've ever gotten...



Living in a city where finding a decent guy is about as difficult as performing brain surgery...while high...in the dark, I find that I have a tendency to lower the bar that I set for men. It has less to do with wanting to meet a lower caliber of a guy and more to do with my incessant fear of that whole 'dying alone' thing. When the guys in this city continue to miss the exceptionally low bar that I have set for them, it is easy to get discouraged. After many a disastrous first date, I have come home frustrated, sworn myself to a life of celibacy and started to search online for my first cat.

However recently I was looking through old emails and I found something that for the first time gave me hope. This was a love letter from a guy that I went to high school with and stayed in touch with throughout college and after. Nothing did ever happen with him, which I regret, (especially considering my recent escapades with a guy who vomited in my bed, on my wall and on my floor on his 30th birthday. Oh yeah, 30 really is IS the new 20...) but going back and reading it does give me some hope that great guys do exist, and if I just keep my chin (and my standards) high, there may be some hope for us women after all...Enjoy!


Emily,

Your smile melts my heart. Just hearing your voices is like listening to angels sing. Your laughter is indescribable, while your eyes are deeper than the most beautiful sunset. Your skin glistens like the sea on a sunny afternoon. Your dark brown hair flows like the Nile, while your fragrance is as pleasant as a garden full of the finest roses. Your knowledge will take ages to fathom. Just being in your presence alone could bring a giant to his knees. Your lips must taste like the finest wines. Your love could enlighten the dullest day. If I ever drempt of you, arising would not be an option. I would stay in my dream forever. Your beauty and knowledge go hand in hand, they are both timeless.

2 comments:

TheJourneyWithin said...

Beautiful well said, I love your work, ahhh the world of blogging you have to love it, regards!

Unknown said...

So so so True Glenn .
M xxx